Monday, February 24, 2020

Week 3


Throughout my planning period I’ve come to a realization that I have to really plan out my ideas and organize myself. I want to have key elements that emphasize my thriller. I’m planning on going throughout my neighborhood and looking for possible locations for which I could film at. I began to create a storyboard to plan out how I want to develop the theme and shots. My story is going to focus on a teenage girl who committed suicide and unnatural events seem to be occuring in her bedroom. The setting is going to take place in the 80’s. I chose this time period in reflection to a series called “Stranger Things.” Stranger Things is a Netflix series that began in 2016 and has been nominated for four golden globes and has won many awards. My plan to incorporate the theme of the 80’s is to grab antique items that are no longer used today and decorate the protagonists room in it. I also plan for the main characters to dress in an 80’s theme style. According to the Pearl Source, the 80’s was all about bright colored clothing and high sports brand attire. Moreover, I’m thinking that the actors could wear Stan Smiths, that although they came out in the 70’s, they became very popular in the 80's/90’s. 

Resultado de imagen para when did stan smiths come out Another article of clothing that also defines the 80’s would be scrunchies. Since I don’t have much of my story in order, I am mainly focusing on establishing the time period for the moment. For room decoration I am going to include  a turntable, a jukebox, a polaroid camera, neon colors, for example a neon sign and a dvr cassette player. 

Resultado de imagen para dvr cassetteResultado de imagen para urban outfitters turntableResultado de imagen para victrola jukebox

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

Thanks for watching!! Hope you enjoy!!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hSIvuY9YAq_0g7eYTBzu7jeujG7R0HUL/view?usp=drivesdk