Sunday, April 12, 2020

Reflection

My overall reflection on the Portfolio Project is that although there have been multiple severe complications, I've learned to work and make the best out of what I have access to. Throughout this project there have been several issues, such as procrastinating on getting my work done, being stuck in quarantine due to Covid-19, having none or very few actors, having to deal with only one location available to film, not knowing which software to edit from, having to come up with original ideas on how to develop a story while stuck at home or having to learn how to create your own props. These have all been just a few of the complications that I’ve gone through while completing this project. On the bright side, all of this enabled me to think outside the box, be more creative and there was an extended due date to the project which gave me more time to film and time to prepare/come up with a better solution to all my complications. I think my biggest enemy/problem throughout this whole period of working on my Portfolio project was dealing with time management. I kept pushing things back as I kept telling myself I had more than enough time to complete all my work. While it was true that I had more than plenty of enough time, I took all this time for granted as I continued to work on other school work. I think my biggest weakness was that since we’re stuck in quarantine, I can get very easily distracted at home. I lacked some discipline in having all things in order as online school can be pretty flexible. However, when I did gain enough focus to complete all my work, I dedicated all the time to working on my project. When I began filming, I only gave my attention to just filming for that whole day. I would not let myself take a break until I was finished with what I was currently working on. I think I made various good decisions upon working while filming. For example, I think I benefited from grabbing the guest bedroom in my house and giving it a complete makeover. I think this was an excellent idea because if I would have filmed from my room, there might have been continuity errors if because I probably would have accidentally moved something resulting in a disruption in the film. Moreover, since my guest bedroom is completely empty, this made it easier to alter how it looks, unlike in my room where I would have had to get rid of all technological advances that did not exist in the 80’s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Creative Critical Reflection

Thanks for watching!! Hope you enjoy!!! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hSIvuY9YAq_0g7eYTBzu7jeujG7R0HUL/view?usp=drivesdk